Here’s a list of weird/strange articles on wikipedia in no particular order for you to read and just add more useless knowledge in your puny human brain. General murder/death trigger warning for most.
Bloody Mary || Kennedy curse || Taman Shud Case || La Voisin || Greyfriars Bobby || Pripyat || Albert Fish || Mary Toft || The Cure for Insomnia || Roanoke Colony || John Murray Spear || Arecibo message || Nuckelavee || Phaistos Disc || Tanganyika laughter epidemic || Mad Gasser of Mattoon || Murder of Junko Furuta || Peoples Temple || Ed Gein || Stargate Project || Jackalope || Numbers station || UVB-76 || Bélmez Faces || Donner Party || Adam || Mariana UFO incident || Valentich disappearance || Cleveland Torso Murderer || Trepanning || Dyatlov Pass incident || Grey goo || Overtoun House || The Garden of Earthly Delights || Wilhelm Reich || Starchild skull || Original Night Stalker || Owlman || Ararat anomaly || British big cats || Jack the Ripper || Clapham Wood Mystery || Pope Lick Monster || Shadow person || Out-of-place artifact || Black Dahlia || Jersey Devil || Crawfordsville monster || Koro || Philadelphia Experiment || Glasgow smile || Roswell UFO incident || David Parker Ray || D. B. Cooper || Total Information Awareness || Goatman || Grey alien || Joachim Kroll || Peter Kürten || Gilles de Rais || Alien abduction || Joseph Vacher || Mothman || Polywater || Catacombe dei Cappuccini || Villisca Axe Murders || Grace Sherwood || Loveland frog || The Hermitage || Jatinga || Sankebetsu brown bear incident || Mongolian death worm || Devil’s Footprints || The Sick Child || H. H. Holmes || Dysaesthesia aethiopica || Bloody Benders || Lamia || Black Paintings || The Monster with 21 Faces || Shirime || Lina Medina || Exploding head syndrome || Quantum suicide and immortality || Mokele-mbembe || Spontaneous human combustion || Dulce Base || Chandre Oram || Oscar || Men in Black || Vladimir Demikhov || The Great Red Dragon Paintings || Bloop || Retroactive continuity || Elizabeth Báthory || Delphine LaLaurie || Silverpilen || Polybius || Guided rat || Robert J. White || Chelyabinsk meteor || Armin Meiwes || Big Crunch || Belchen Tunnel || Moberly–Jourdain incident || Boy Scout Lane || Princes in the Tower || Rosenheim Poltergeist || Peter Stumpp || Bermuda Triangle || Bachelor’s Grove Cemetery || Hill of Crosses || Self-immolation || Lycaon || Burke and Hare murders || Pykrete || Kate Morgan || List of unusual deaths || Sawney Bean || Rogue elephant of Aberdare Forest || Yoshio Kodaira || Incorruptibility || Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus || Toynbee tiles || Rat king || Sailing stones || Thalidomide || Jersey Shore shark attacks of 1916 || Tunguska event || Head transplant || List of cryptids || Borley Rectory || Sedlec Ossuary || Alien hand syndrome || Capgras delusion || Mellified man || Atuk || Monster of Glamis || Spring-heeled Jack || Allagash Abductions || Aokigahara || Raymond Robinson (Green Man) || Premature burial || Brain transplant || Nightmarchers || Decompression illness || Midgetville || Zombie || Mercy Brown vampire incident || Necromancy || Lamkin || Harry K. Daghlian, Jr. || Icelandic Phallological Museum || Neisseria meningitidis || Unit 731 || Bunny Man || Bubbly Creek || Malleus Maleficarum || Moll Dyer || Original Spanish Kitchen || Charles Bonnet syndrome || Voynich manuscript || Black Annis || True name || Dorothy Talbye trial || Black dog || Wandering Jew || Sarin gas attack on the Tokyo subway || Yara-ma-yha-who || Rod Ferrell || The Juniper Tree
in honor of shakespeare’s 450th birthday (and as thanks to the fandom for being exceptionally cool), I’m doing a giveaway!
there’ll be two winners, each of whom can choose one of the options below:
- a signature shakespeare edition of the play of their choice (like the one shown here, these are hardcover copies with informative footnotes, commentary, essays, laser-cut paper art between the acts and a timeline of “significant performances”; you can see some more of the art here)
- a DVD of a globe or RSC production of their choice (non-shakespeare productions like the globe’s doctor faustus or the RSC’s documentaries and DVDs on shakespearean acting are fair game too, and if you’re worried about region locked DVDs I can also include an mp4 copy on a USB to be safe)
- a copy of to be or not to be by ryan north (a choose your own adventure version of hamlet in which you can play as hamlet, ophelia and/or claudius, which is exactly as entertaining as it sounds— the kickstarter page offers a pretty good idea of what it’s all about if you don’t know already)
- I’ll use random.org to determine the winner from the notes on this post, so just like/reblog to enter
- you don’t have to be following me to win (it’d be cool of you, but it won’t affect your chances either way— this is open to anyone who likes shakespeare)
- I can ship internationally, so it doesn’t matter where you live
- make sure your askbox is open so I can notify you if you win!
- ends may 6 (because that’s when the RSC’s richard ii with david tennant comes out on DVD, so yes, that is an option if you so choose)
if you have any other questions (or suggestions for prizes of equivalent value that you’d also be interested in seeing as an option— I was thinking maybe the hollow crown box set if I can find it?), just send me an ask!
And Lot’s wife, of course, was told not to look back where all those people and their homes had been. But she did look back, and I love her for that, because it was so human.
"We pass the time of day to forget how time passes." - Amelie (2001)
Dear wind of Mississippi, can you call him by name? I have followed his wings on a sunny day, I like to believe he’s the chosen one. I like to believe he’s the fallen one.